About the Role
CASFER has an exciting opportunity As the Director to work in a creative environment of university, industry and government collaboration - at the intersection of cutting-edge research and technology development. This role is directly responsible for the core activities of the Innovation Ecosystem and Industry Relations. This role provides mechanisms for researchers and industry representatives to meet and exchange ideas that may lead to sponsored research projects in the center. This environment fosters innovation by building an industrial partnership base and maintaining the relationships with industry to serve the center, it's university and industry partners, and the nation.
Bachelor's degree in related area required plus five years progressively responsible management experience. Additional education may substitute for experience on a year for year basis.
· PhD in science, engineering or related STEM field
· Two or more years of professional experience with business development and marketing in engineering and other relevant fields.
· Excellent communication skills, including the proven ability to present written and oral materials in a concise and professional manner.
· A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
· The Industrial Liaison Officer (ILO) is directly responsible for the core activities of the Innovation Ecosystem, Industry, and Stakeholders relations.
· Manages all communication and innovation activities that encourage translation of CASFER research into commercial use by growing the industry program and recruits new Industry Practitioner Advisory Board (IPAB) member companies ensures productive engagement between CASFER researchers.
· Markets technologies to CASFER members and to outside organizations, through lab tours, presentations, participating in specialized meetings, etc.
· Manages the membership process for all new member companies.
· Develops industry engagement programs to retain members.
· Cross-trains and works closely with the Program Manager of Research Team Science and EWD/DCI to make connections with the needs and capacities of students and industry and to connect research projects with translational opportunities.
· Reports to the CASFER Director and provides weekly updates to Director and other CASFER leadership.
· Works with Director to develop and implement a Technology Transfer Strategic Plan for CASFER.
· Manages student-industry relations through internships, fellowships, career placement, etc.
· Prepares report of industry collaborations for the National Science Foundation.
· Manages information tracking systems to track Innovation and Industry programs key success indicators.
· Manages and maintains database of all IPAB membership information and critical dates and dues payments.
· Works closely with the Office of Research Commercialization on decisions of CASFER technologies marketed for commercialization.
· Works with testbed coordinators to prepare evaluation of CASFER technology at testbed sites.
· Identifies funding opportunities through various avenues and works with the CASFER team in proposal development.
Works closely with Media Coordinator to develop marketing materials and social media content.