Welcome to CASFER
Our vision is to enable resilient and sustainable food production by developing next-generation, modular, distributed, and efficient technologies for capturing, recycling, and producing decarbonized nitrogen-based fertilizers, or NBFs.
CASFER is developing a transformative, engineered system that takes the US from nitrogen cycle pollution to a Nitrogen Circular Economy, allowing food production while mitigating environmental and socioeconomic problems.
More than 50% of the world population is supported by synthetic nitrogen-based fertilizers (NBFs), produced via the carbon-intensive Haber-Bosch process. However, the high volatility of prices remains a challenge in the US and developing countries.
Furthermore, only 20% of NBFs produced translate into food, with 80% lost to the environment. This creates significant environmental, health, and socioeconomic impacts.
CASFER’s engineered system takes activated nitrogen from waste streams such as concentrated animal feeding operations (CAFOs), municipal wastewater treatment plants (WWTP), and agricultural runoff, capture, and convert them into precise NBF, passing them directly to the end users/farmers.
Increased food security for the nation.
Reduced environmental impact from agricultural emissions.
Decreased U.S. dependence on foreign sources of nitrogen-based fertilizers.
Affordable, sustainable sources of nitrogen-based fertilizers for U.S. farms.
- Tue, Nov 07OrlandoNov 07, 2023, 1:00 PM – 1:05 PMOrlando, Orlando, FL, USA
- Fri, Oct 06Zoom WebinarOct 06, 2023, 11:00 AM – 11:05 AMZoom Webinar
- Mon, Sep 25TallahasseeSep 25, 2023, 7:00 PM – 7:05 PMTallahassee, 1601 S Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Tallahassee, FL 32307, USA
- Fri, Sep 22Zoom WebinarSep 22, 2023, 11:00 AM – 11:05 AMZoom Webinar
- Fri, Sep 08Zoom WebinarSep 08, 2023, 11:00 AM – 11:05 AMZoom Webinar
- Fri, Aug 25Zoom WebinarAug 25, 2023, 11:00 AM – 11:05 AMZoom Webinar